Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Do I really want great

I really feel like I have been neglecting my blog lately.  Not sure neglecting is the right word, more like avoiding!  I am really struggling with not doing the things I love to do, instead settling for brain numbing activities like TV or solitaire! 

There are so many things I love to do, exercise, cook, take pictures, create random things from scraps around the house.  I have so many great ideas in my head.  And instead of spending time getting the ideas out of my head, I try to shut off my brain and ignore them.  In a book me and some friends are reading, the author mentions giving up the good for the great.  So why is it so hard to pursue the great!  Right now I am pretty sure I would settle for mediocre.  In some areas of my life I am kind of scared of what I would settle for!  So how do you keep your focus on great, when good is so comfortable?

This seems to be a constant struggle for me.  I have everything I need at my disposal to succeed with great, but I spend day after day wallowing in the good and the busyness of life.  So where is that fed-up-state where the good is no longer enough.  I think I am getting there and I am praying it is soon, because I am getting pretty bored with good!

No comments:

Post a Comment