Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

One Thread

Most days, when my eyes open up enough to see the horrors of this world, I quickly avert my eyes.  The anger and hopelessness wells up inside of me and I stuff it down.  I choose to eat and ignore the cry of my heart to help the enslaved, the orphaned and the widowed.  But I am trying to change.  I am asking God to help me with the emotions instead of trying to eat them away. 

And He answered.

My heart cried at the autocracies that afflict His people.  I voiced my despair and hopelessness and that I was just one voice...

As I let these emotions out I realized that God is calling all of us to do our small part.  The evils that are ever present in this world are too big for any of us to deal with.  But not for the people of God to rise up together and do our small part.  It doesn't matter what your passion is, it helps to battle against slavery.

If you have a heart for Orphans in Africa and you sponsor a child, that is one more family that can keep from selling a child just to feed the other 8.

If you minister to Satvanna in India; you are praying for, providing for, loving children who have been rescued from Brothels or even a life of forced labor.

Maybe your heart is for the homeless.  As you take the time to let them know they are seen you may be speaking to a child who has been trafficked.

Or maybe it is your voice could that keeps that young girl from reaching out to strangers on the internet, or wondering off with the cute guy on the bus.

The most encouraging thing I walked away from the Justice Conference with was this reality.  Love is a thread and we all have one that needs to be woven into the fabric of Justice.

Do you struggle with self-doubt like I do?  Is God asking you to look and it seems too overwhelming?  Join me in this battle and we WILL win.

No comments:

Post a Comment