Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

What is that saying again?

Wow what a week and then a weekend.  We had a new girl move in on Monday so I was tortured with dealing with morning people each morning, when all I wanted was to grab a cup o tea and skulk back to my bedroom until I could wake up!  Not happening!  Oh well, such is life when you live with other people huh!  Then on Friday we ended up taking in a 19 year old girl whose parents were pushing her for an abortion.  As always I struggled with the reality of What I thought would be and the reality I would now face.  As I snuggled into bed on Friday night I reassured my wounded inner control freak with the fact that I would wake up to a low key peaceful Saturday morning and we had no where to be until 2pm.  Then what to my wandering eyes did appear (not really more my ears since my eyes were still closed), but two young girls with eyes like dears!  So off to the hospital we did dash, to sit in the waiting room and hope not to rash.  As one young girl went through a round of tests, and the other tried really hard not to be a pest.  As the time dragged on my head began to pound, I ran one girl home and lunch I did down.  Then back to the hospital to check on the babe, and drive across town to pick up one of my faves.  Then car rides with baby and screaming a plenty and laughs and a giggle that tickles my fancy.  Then out the door with a dash, to rub elbows with heroes and oh my I forgot my sash. (all you wonderful women are my heroes.

Anyway I am running out of rhymes and the cuteness has worn off.  As you can see my quiet Saturday was not what I had planned and neither was Sunday.  What is that saying if you want to hear God laugh tell him your plans.  Well the good thing, compared to last year that is, is that I am sitting here laughing tonight and not even a tear! (teehee couldn't resist the last rhyme, I’ve got the night before Christmas stuck in  my head can you tell!!)

3 comments:

  1. Who is this girl and what have you done with my Angela? "He who began a good work in you..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute! well not cute that your plans were crushed but you made the best of it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is faithful to finish Danell!! :)

    ReplyDelete