Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mile Post

This is my new tattoo!!  It is a butterfly breaking free from chains with the symbol for the trinity behind her and the verse 2 Corinthians 3:17 “Where the spirit of the Lord is there is freedom” under her. 

IMG_1119

Most people will be shocked to see this tattoo and others who are even very close to me did not know I was going.  For several months I have been thinking about a tattoo.  Something to chronicle this past stage in my life with Christ.  I thought long and hard asked others what they thought and threw out ideas I had about Peter walking on the water and what not.  However, I never had a clear vision of what I wanted.  Well about a month ago I was talking to my friend Victoria and she asked “have you prayed about it”…uhm no!!!  So I did and God gave me the vision of what you see above.  This tattoo was my hardest though (its my fourth), since it is very visible on my forearm.  But not just for the visible qualities but because I have to stand up to several people in my life and say “this is who I am, please stop trying to conform me to your image!”  My whole life has been spent trying to fit in to whatever scene I happened to be a part of.  I bought clothes because they were what I was supposed to wear not what I wanted to wear.  I listened to music that was socially acceptable and I certainly didn’t get tattoos that couldn't be hidden.  This tattoo doesn’t only represent the chains of sin that God broke me free from but it also represents me becoming the woman Christ has created me to become.  I am a woman who loves tattoos, rock and roll, blue jeans and t-shirts and getting my hands dirty.  I do not like wearing dresses or anything frilly.  I wear make-up to make me feel better about myself, not to draw your attention to me and I love who I am.  I love a good hard rock song that you just have to bang your head to.  I love skateboarders and the ability that so many exude!  I love to run and get dirty.  But what I love the most is now that I accept me, I am more accepting of others and more accepting of others love!

3 comments:

  1. This is wild! Yet pretty! Very Nice! I like it! |Lynn|

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Very original and very colorful.

    I'm glad you are who you are Angela!

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this tatoo is beautiful! I can't wait to see it!! I loved this post too friend. So amazing to read these words!!

    ReplyDelete