Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

A new day

Today I was thinking about the update email I needed to send out to everyone about my job here at Saint Child and I realized I hadn’t been posting since my trip to Kansas.  It led me down a trail that brought me to the conclusion that when I need to write the most I don’t.  Writing allows me to pull those thoughts out of my brain that I might not admit otherwise!  So when I am struggling I don’t write because what I am thinking scares me. 

An example would be when I got back from Kansas I knew I was done, that I am burned out with my work here at the house.  But I didn’t want to write about it.  Why cause I didn’t want to admit to myself that I was done.   Even through all this, my emotional tantrums that I throw and the depression that always follows God is forever faithful.  In the midst of this, He opened a door and said, “my beloved, I knew this day would come before you were even born and I have been preparing the road I wish you to take”.  Well of course I ran through that door!

The next morning I was preparing for work at the ungodly hour of 8am (I know I am going to have to get used to it again) and God gave me the most beautiful gift.  A sunset colored with dark amber reds and light pinks, oranges that seemed to burst from atop the trees, covered by a dark sea of blue.  It was more than my camera could ever capture but try I did.

IMG_0940 IMG_09372

And as I played with my new camera in the morning light, I heard Him sing to me, “today is a new day my love, enjoy me!”  And I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment